New York, NY, USLocation:
Mon, May 3 ’21Posted on:
APPARATUS is a New York-based designer and manufacturer of a distinctive catalog of high-end, high-touch lighting, furniture and objects. We produce both in-house and with the support of high-quality external partners; our catalog is sold globally.
- Utilize AutoCAD to expertly reflect design concepts into drawings for construction and fabrication.
- Ensure final designs comply with quality standards and project specifications.
- Assist in the development of floor plans, elevations, and interior construction details.
- Oversee the upkeep and organization of drawing files and templates.
- Ability to detail custom millwork, casework, furniture, and upholstery.
- Consistently and accurately pick-up design revisions and red-lines by the Creative Director and Director of Interiors.
- Prepare existing site documentation and facilitate site surveys on a need basis.
- Identify and communicate potential conflicts through drawing and detailing.
- Must be able to read and interpret architectural drawings and contract specifications.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Experience working with millwork and ornamental detailing.
- Solutions-based thinker with a consistently positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team.
- Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design.
- 1 – 3 years’ professional working experience in high-end architecture/ interior design.
- Experience drafting construction documents preferred.
- Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision.
- Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
- Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM.
- Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
- Domestic and international travel as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
- Regular check-ins.
- Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Please apply through the careers page on our company website
Back to Job List…