When you talk to an SEO consultant from an SEO Singapore , does it leave you scratching your head with such jargon, wondering what the consultant is talking about? Don’t worry; you are not the only one who does not understand. There are many different terms and jargon that will drive a layperson crazy when it comes to SEO. You will need a degree of knowledge in the optimization industry to understand all the terms used by them entirely.
Now let’s take a look at some of the most common SEO terms used by optimization consultants:
1. Algorithm. This is the formula behind the major search engines that determines a website’s ranking.
2. Grouping. This is when the search engine displays more than two pages for a single search query.
3. CPC. Cost per click.
4. CPM. Cost per 1000 impressions. This means the cost of sending 1000 visitors to your website through the banner.
Paste—a single request to your web server.
6. SICK. Incoming link. An inbound link from the other website pointing to your website.
7. Keyword research. This is the process of researching your keywords to optimize your website. Typically, a basic set of keywords for a website is determined during this process.
8. Keyword density. The number of times a particular keyword is repeated on a page, compared to the number of words.
9. OSEO. Organic search engine optimization. Create a website that ranks well on the left side of the search engine results page without spending a lot of money.
10. Outbound link. An outbound link from your web page to another site.
11. Pageviews. The number of times your website pages have been visited.
12. PPC. Pay per click. The search engine pays for each visitor that sends it to your website. One visitor equals one click.
13. PR. Google Page Rank, how Google rates your web page from 1 to 10. Aim for a 3, 4, or 5, and you are doing well.
14. SE. Seeker.
15. SEM. Search engine marketing. Use search engines for marketing your products or services. This includes search engine optimization, search engine pay-per-click programs, and banner ads.
16. SEO. Search engine optimization. Create search-engine-friendly page content to help your page rank high.
17. SERP. Search engine results page.
18. Voting. If you search for “paint” in a search engine that uses motherboard technology, the results will also include products for the words paint, paint, and painter.
These are just some of the most used terms when it comes to SEO. So, talking to an advisor now, you will understand most of their vocabulary.