In the past, Google would only produce ten blue links per page as the results of a search query. However, the search engine has evolved to display more and more varied results. It is no longer enough to rank for those ten blue links.
In today’s search results, there are many factors that businesses, including law firms, need to address and optimize for. Among them are rich snippets.
What Are Rich Snippets?
Rich snippets are Google Search results that are enhanced with additional functionality or data. These results offer more information, are more valuable and exciting. Using rich snippets as
Table of contents
- Weighing Keywords For Relevance
- TF-IDF is Still Important But Problematic
- Three Things Keywords Fail to Consider
- Switching From Keywords to Entities
- What’s The Idea Behind Entities?
- Why Tracking Keywords is Losing Ground
- Topics: The New Keywords
- Topical Research vs Keyword Research
- Topical Clusters and The Future of SEO
For ages, search engine optimization (SEO) was all about keywords. They’re a fundamental component of the information retrieval process. So it made perfect sense: search engines crawled, found, indexed, and classified content based on keywords.
Keywords are still important in the way SEO works, albeit to a lesser degree.