Having a website for your construction business is one of the best decisions you will make. The online presence not only helps you win over new clients but also helps you reach a much broader audience than you can think of. This is regardless of whether you are just starting your construction business or you have been in the industry for a long time.
One strategy that will be pivotal in building your construction business website is the use of a construction website builder. This comes in handy especially when you are working with a tight budget. While there are many construction website builders for beginners and experts, knowing which one to choose will either make your business life difficult or a walk in the park.
So, how will you recognize the best contractor construction website builder?
Choosing the best website builder for a construction company may seem like an easy choice. However, most construction businesses fail at this initial stage. If you are looking for a construction company website builder, the first step will be the identification of the specific features that the website builder MUST have to serve your construction business at the best level. For instance, do you need the website builder to have a photo gallery, an eCommerce store, a contact form or SEO features? These features are paramount for any construction website business. As such, ensure you select one that will have all the features that are in line with your business needs.
To ease the selection process, these elements will guide you when choosing a construction company website builder.
- Design and features- You want to ensure that the website builder has a wide variety of professional website templates. This gives you the flexibility of switching things up hence avoiding monotony. Also, ensure that the website builder has the flexibility to add other vital features such as marketing tools and Google analytics.
- Pricing- Most small companies make the mistake of selecting the website builder for their construction business solely based on pricing. While start-ups have tight budgets, choosing a construction company builder based on the pricing while ignoring other factors will be costly in the long run. Nevertheless, it is imperative to choose a construction website builder in consideration of the company budget.
- Ease of use- Whether you are experienced or a beginner, ensure you opt for a website builder that is easy to use. For ease of use, it should have simple editing tools, drag and drop feature,s and customization options.
- Data portability- Suppose years to come you decide to switch to another website builder? If you choose a website builder without considering the portability of your data, you will be inconvenienced by the inability to transfer the company’s data to the new builder. This could also lead to the loss of vital company information.
- Customer support- Even with an easy-to-use website, ensure you opt for a website builder that offers 24/7 customer support.
This is a popular cloud website builder. It is among the easiest when it comes to building your construction business website. If you are looking for an affordable yet efficient website builder, WIX is a great option as you do not pay for hosting. You will also get hundreds of fully editable templates with a drag-and-drop site builder.
The website builder also allows you to install free and paid apps which enable you to add functionality and features to your website. For a construction start-up business using WIX, you have the option of a free plan. This offers you limited storage and bandwidth. Also, it does not include a domain name. If you want to maintain your website, premium plans are available at varied costs.
Squarespace allows you to select your construction business design among a wide variety. You get to choose designer fonts, colour pallets, and templates that align with your company’s needs. And the add-on tools are amazing. Whether you want to add an online store, third-party extensions, and even booking services, Squarespace has all the tools you need for your construction business. The social tools available make it easier to grow your business across multiple channels.
Other features include:
- Multiple contributors feature- The multiple contributor feature enables you to add other persons as site contributors. For instance, you can add an employee to create and upload content.
- Scheduling feature- This feature allows you to manage online bookings and automate meeting reminders and confirmations. With this, you will never forget a client meeting!
- Maps- This enables your customers to easily locate you.
With just a few clicks, you will create a website for your small construction business.
The drag and drop feature offers you an easy way to create your website not forgetting the optimized builder templates for desktop computers, tablets, and mobile. This ensures a great look for your website irrespective of the device in use. For maximum benefit, be sure to use the powerful features that Domain.com comes with including eCommerce functionality, website analytics, and a free SSL certificate. If you choose the eCommerce plan, you will enjoy other powerful features such as tax management, inventory management, coupons, and discounts among others.
If you experience difficulties, the customer support team is available via live chat and telephone.
With the most generous free storage space, WordPress is a great construction website builder for construction businesses. It is flexible not forgetting the wide variety of fully customizable themes. And with the business plan and above, you can upload themes from third-party providers. If you are a beginner, you might find yourself stuck at the WordPress editor. However, there are various community support forums and tutorials that will help you navigate the process. If you are looking for the best website builder for a construction company, getting an experienced team can save you time and deliver a website that represents your construction company. Build Media Group, a web design, and development firm has a team that takes on website functionality while also considering the aesthetics. Using a professional company may be an extra cost. However, it will get your construction website running within a short period. You also get to use your choice of contractor construction website builder as well as advice on the best pick based on the needs of your business.